Friday, August 25, 2017

Leadership Gratitude 101

Updated 9/29/19

As I reflect on those who have lead the districts or schools I have served, I am grateful for these brief, yet profound examples of leaders that have directly and uniquely impacted me.  Leadership begins with a relationship, and I would not be a leader today without their investment. Following are the many ways these men and women have walked along beside me in my career.
  • Mr. Freeman ... gave me a chance!
  • Mr. Mathis ... believed in me!
  • Mr. Flack ... guided me!
  • Mr. Cauthen ... trained me!
  • Ms. Sherrill ... grew me!
  • Mr. Taylor ... mentored me!
  • Mr. Lovelace ... listened to me!
  • Dr. McDaniel ... invested in me!
  • Dr. Gummerson ... challenged me!
  • Dr. Triplett ... allowed me to prove myself!
  • Mrs. Brewer ... trusted me!
  • Mr. Dowling ... modeled for me!
  • Dr. Callicutt ... supported me!
  • Dr. Epps ... valued and refined me!
  • Mr. Clinton ... welcomed me!
  • Mrs. Devine ... leads me daily!
  • Dr. Booker ... empowers me through strategic planning!
I can only hope that one day an educator will reflect on my leadership as an experience that grew or renewed their passion for teaching, learning, or leading.  Each of these men or women amazingly offered just what I needed at that precise moment on my journey to "now" ... and I am forever humbled and grateful.  Like the turtle said sitting atop the fence post ... I have not reached this point alone!  :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment