Friday, August 18, 2017

The 3 C's of Success

I had the chance today to sign a Dr. Seuss book for a student whose parents are annually (and secretly) collecting messages from influencers throughout his school years ... to be presented to him at graduation.  As I contemplated what to write, I simply shared how I have challenged myself, my own children, and other students throughout the years.  
  1. Have the COURAGE to do what is right, even when unpopular or when no one is watching.  
  2. Have the CONFIDENCE to be exactly who you were created to be ... based on your unique and God-given talents, interests, and strengths.  
  3. Have COMPASSION for those different, hurting, or struggling.  
Success often seems measured by prestige, power, or a paycheck ... and certainly deserving or justifiable at times; yet so many mentors and examples in my life have consistently exemplified courage, confidence, and compassion on their road toward success.  


No comments:

Post a Comment